Our vision is of a world in which people trust and respect one another for their differences as well as their similarities, particularly in the field of gender and faith where prejudice, antisemitism and Islamophobia have no place.
Our mission is to lead the way in creating positive experiences and understanding about people from different backgrounds, particularly Jews and Muslims, using women as our powerful start point.
The #ActiveAllies campaign
We recognise, as women in Nisa-Nashim, that Islamophobia, (anti Muslim hatred), and antisemitism are on the rise including, against women.
The devastating attacks on innocent people in both Pittsburgh and Christchurch have strengthened our resolve, and we commit to be #ActiveAllies against both antisemitism and Islamophobia particularly where it is gendered.
As such, we will:
- Call upon every political party in Britain to review their processes for preventing, exposing and dealing with both Islamophobia and antisemitism within their party – to ensure they include measures to address gendered Islamophobia and antisemitism.
- Demand that government increase support for integration projects across the UK particularly those led by and affecting women.
- Call on devolved assemblies, regional authorities, Police and Crime Commissioners, to ensure that all meetings with policy makers focusing on issues of hatred, include representation of women – with a view to 50% representation within 3 years.
- Enable and encourage Jewish and Muslim women to understand and speak out about hatred against the other faith group, and also against all other women, wherever we see it.
- Encourage and role model a gentler and kinder use of language, in the media, social media and face to face, across society including amongst people in leadership roles