Manager of Operations
Closing day: October 7th
Salary: £31k (pro rata)
We are seeking a highly organised and motivated, experienced Manager of Operations to support the ongoing development and administration of Nisa-Nashim, the Jewish-Muslim Women’s
We are seeking someone enthusiastic about our aims, who will help us to grow
our organisation’s capacity to support the wider community of women who make up the
Nisa-Nashim is the only Jewish/Muslim network in Europe. It is based on celebrating
similarities whilst recognising differences. It believes in the transformative power of women to drive social change and to bring these two communities together.
Nisa-Nashim has a network of groups around the country each led by a Jewish and a Muslim woman almost all of whom had no or few friends in the other faith community before they engaged with NN. They bring other local women together (some groups are based on shared professions or interests rather than geography) and amplify the messaging and activism locally.
During lockdown everything moved on line. This had the benefit of cementing relationships
between our cochairs (and several other interested women) but led to the reduction in
engagement by many local group members. There is now a challenge, bringing women
together again as we slowly transition out of the pandemic, dealing with the huge social,
emotional and economic fall out from the pandemic and also responding to the UK based
interfaith crisis caused by the conflict this year in Israel/Palestine.
We are seeking someone who can be part of our core team and whose particular focus and strength is in the administrative, structural and operational issues where we need proper input as well, ideally, as being able to manage our social media.
Managed by Laura Marks, Co-founder of Nisa-Nashim, this manager will work hand in hand with our groups liaison manager and our part time communications officer. We have a hands-on board of Jewish and Muslim women and we need to find a professional to be part of this wider team.
Currently NN functions remotely and this is likely to remain our reality for at least the next six months.
This role is the main operational professional for NN with a wide range of responsibilities
including upgrading all our infrastructure.
We need a professional who thrives on providing operational, administrative and project
support as well as being part of the core team which drives our work.
This is a wide-ranging role, with opportunities to contribute to a range of activities. Duties
will include the following:
- Setting up a new Nisa-Nashim database and managing data capture processes as required
- Ensuring our materials, documents, and admin is run professionally and efficiently
- Managing, upgrading and organising our website and ensuring all our IT is fit for purpose
- Ensuring that all events are professionally run
Content and Communications
- Marketing materials: flyers, social media posts, etc
- Drafting and sending out Nisa-Nashim newsletter
- Ensuring that the Nisa-Nashim website remains current
- Planning and managing social media output: Facebook, Twitter as part of strategic team.
- Should be able to use all key social media, Canva, Excel, WordPress, Mailchimp, Eventbrite
etc – or willing to learn where there are gaps
- Responsibility for leading on setting up, marketing and running events including the annual conference and residential retreat
- Supporting all key meeting and responsible for implementing tasks
- Developing and producing event materials as requested
- Co-ordinate A/V requirements, and practicalities for conference, retreat or events
Some out-of-office hours time may occasionally be required to support evening and weekend events
Finance and Fundraising
- Managing budgets for specific projects as required drafting fundraising material and grant applications as part of a team.
- Highly organised and efficient with excellent IT skills and ideally social media skills
- Effective and diligent in relation to follow-up and administration
- Creative – interested in making NN ever better and stronger
- Good communicator
- 100% comfortable in a faith led environment with Muslim and Jewish roots
Ideally three days a week – flexible for right candidate
Some weekend/evening work
Initially, and largely working remotely
To Apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and Short Cover Letter by October 7th 2021!